a girl will go to extraordinary lengths to get what she can't live without...which includes vanity cases.Listening to: Nothing
Hey hey everyone.
This past week was really crazy. Three long essays in a row! And I managed to get them done on time...and well...I guess. Now hand me the gold medal.
Anyway, essays aside, I'm sooo pissed off because I lost my vanity case! I can't remember where I last left it. Not on campus I think, since when at home after handing in my last essay I brushed my hair before hitting the road again for dinner. I didn't realize the vanity case was gone until I was at Starbucks catching up on Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness (there will be a test on it on Wednesday - wish me luck!), and about to brush my teeth. I thought I left it at home, but nope, searched every corner of my tiny apato and the bloody vanity case was nowhere in sight.
Then guess what I did next...Walked all the way back to K Road, where I had my dinner at The Little Turkish Cafe. That's right. K Road above 10 PM is a fright, but I'd really do anything for my beloved vanity case...After all most of my essentials in it were new. Toothbrush, toothpaste, lip gloss...Not to mention the lens cleanser and the hair brush. I wasn't gonna throw away $50 if my vanity case didn't really vanish from the face of the earth. So I walked...braving the cold wind and the tugs of K Road...only to be told by the staff of the open-til-late cafe that nope, no one left a huge purple case around 7 PM otherwise they wouldn've had it with them. Farck.
Oh yeah, got the replacements for my toothbrush, toothpaste, and lippy. Will get the lens cleanser and hair brush tomorrow. Shit happens.
Monday, May 19, 2008, 11:28 p.m.
remind me to lie about my ageListening to: Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday to Ya
I'm officially a quarter century old.
Oh, and let's forget about...things...
Also, happy birthday to Shanice Wilson (15 years and I still like your smile!), Cate Blanchett, Anjelah Johnson, Ersamayori Yatim (if you ever come across, I was the kid that used to write you all those corny letters only 10-year-olds can pen...oh and I went to 82 as well!) and Ida Iasha! I'm glad we're the true embodiment of Taurus...
Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 12:32 a.m.
forget consequences, I just want to get this done once and for allListening to: Jessica Simpson - With You
I LOVE YOU CALEB UAEA TOM MATAFEO!
You may want to delete me off your Facebook. Go ahead. But for probably the last time, hear me out...I'll keep this short.
You see, when I first met Tom we weren't on speaking terms. It was shortly after you sent me a text saying we were through and you didn't wish to maintain contact with me. So now you get the idea regarding the nature of my relationship with Mr. Sainsbury. Yes there have been other guys too, but none are fit to hold candles to you. I thought this thing I have for you was a phase, but it's growing larger and larger each day.
Everyday I check your Facebook, dreading a change in your status (the news feed is always late). I cry hot tears when I see something suspicious on it (like, who's that lady that gave you cake?). I cherish every e-mail you sent, every moment we spent together, every word you said. Oh, and you should see how I write my name on my coursebooks, textbooks, diary...
You weren't a substitute for Casey, nor were you for Tom. You are you, Calebness, you have the highest throne in my heart and no one, not even Prince William, can usurp it!
Monday, May 5, 2008, 12:59 a.m.
Superficiality is the name of the game...Listening to: Nothing
because I like to show off. Stolen off Chia...
1. Shampoo: Pantene user since 1999! In Indo it's the Anti Dandruff one, but since there's no Anti Danfruff here I use Classic Clean instead.
2. Soap: Varies. Currently using The Olive Branch from Lush. Before was something from The Body Shop.
3. Underwear: Venicy (a not-so-known brand in Indo)
4. Apparel: Anything comfortable really. And fashionable, preferably those that stand the test of time. I just won't buy anything from Supre.
5. Bags: My do I love bags! I have a LV (real) from mum, boho bags from Gap and Billabong, cutesy ones from LeSportSac (there's also the Hello Kitty one that mum got from Japan), the buckle one from Esprit, a Rip Curl clutch that Adela gave me for my 24th, and a small beaded one that mum got from Singapore. I only use the latter for parties. Not a designer thing but sooo pretty! Other party bags include a white one from Versace (that daddy got from Italy) and a pink Guess. All real.
6. Shoes: I normally go for flats because I like to walk fast. I have flats from Keds, Pulp, and Country Road. Also a pair of black Birkenstocks (biiiiggg mistake, first don't buy Birks in black and second they can't be worn in winter), a couple pairs of sneakers from Converse and Reebok, boho sandals from Guess, and wedges from Marks and Spencer that I only wear to parties, in addition. Oh, and a pair of pink Havaianas (can't be bothered to check the spelling...) Don't get anything from The #1 Shoe Warehouse because they don't even last a week.
7. Veils: I don't wear any...haven't got the calling yet. If I wore a headscarf, however, I'd go for paisley pashminas!
8. Make-up: I don't wear make-up, but I do have a lip palette and eye shadow from Oriflame (hahahahahaha) and liquid foundation and compact powder from Make-Up Forever.
9. Face care: Sebamed. In Indo I use products by my dermatologist.
10. Parfume: Varies. Currently the green Be Delicious by DKNY.
11. Lotion: Always The Body Shop! Different variants. Using Aqua Lily now.
12. Wristwatch: MAJOR Swatch fan! I have several at home, but here I have the black and white Skin that I got years ago...
Saturday, May 3, 2008, 09:32 a.m.
ok so this is gonna be really cheesy...have a paperbag readyListening to: Sage Maria Lekner (a.k.a cheese to my maccaroni) making unintelligible noises behind me
Oh my gosh I'm so delirious with love. You know my man (hahahaha yeah I wish) plans to travel after finishing uni (we'll graduate together in September! Happy happy joy joy...) and guess what I hope that will never come true. One of the reasons why I feel at home in Auckland is because he's here. If he leaves then I'll have to leave too. I wouldn't stand Auckland without him. I'll go wherever...even back home (yuck as it is).
Speaking of going home, Indos...now don't get me wrong. That last entry was whipped out as a response to the questions I got regarding whether or not I'd go home for good and marry a good Indonesian man. I told them I prefered staying here and marrying a foreigner (doesn't have to be a Kiwi...YES I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A HALFCAST CHILD TO TAKE INDO SHOWBIZ BY STORM! WATCH YOUR BACK PEVITA PEARCE!), and they were like, 'How will your parents cope with that?' Guess what, my parents have been ready for this ever since I was a fetus. They started saving to put me and dork through university overseas when I was in my mum's tummy. But anyway, if New Zealand thinks I'm outstaying my welcome and I don't make it anywhere else, there's always the good ole Indo.
Friday, May 2, 2008, 06:34 p.m.
Nana to the homebodies, Ish/Isyana/Ishan/Isya to the sheep shaggers. Turning 25 on May 14. Taurus/Pig. Born in Indonesia, first set foot in New Zealand on July 6 2005. Final semester student at The University of Auckland, double-majoring in English Literature and Films. Part-time staff at Auckland International. UI alumna. Usually found at Starbucks (any branch) and the audio visual library on campus. Blogging since 2001. Look me up on Facebook.
Layout designed and coded (the very old-fashioned way) by me. The photographs were, as usual, also taken by yours truly in another Photosoc outing in August 2007. The location is Auckland Domain's Winter Garden and the pictures are of those taking part in the outing. Except the background image (courtesy of Squid Fingers), fonts (thanks to Dafont), counter, fanlisting and clique codes, everything else on the layout is my creation and therefore copyrighted to me. Don't steal. This website has been online since April 2003.